Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation training course will examine all the input that has influence and direct impact on tendering procedures and bid evaluation. The key elements include understanding business needs, market analysis, supply chain cost modelling, contracting strategy, and contract award up to and including contract initiation. It introduces a methodology in classifying the 3rd party goods or services for an organization into categories based on supply risk to spend value. Then a methodology will be introduced to help assign the best-fit market approach to a particular category or its sub-category. All of these will lead to the best-fit tendering procedures and bid evaluation.
When should we play it safe by only allowing experienced and proven suppliers to bid? When and how can we develop new suppliers? What are a fit-for-purpose supplier’s selection process? How best to master a tender negotiation? How to handle (or avoid) contract award disputes? How to meet the increasingly aggressive local contents requirements in developing countries? What is the unwanted by-product of chasing for localization targets?
Online course will highlight :
Formulating the Contracting Strategy
- Classifying 3rd Party Spend into Categories
- Market Approaches
- Crafting the Contracting Strategy
- Identifying and Mitigating Contracting Strategy Risks
- Choosing the Best Contract Type, including
- Lump-Sum Fixed Price Contracts
- Unit Rate Contracts
- Cost Plus Contracts
- Day rate Contracts
- Time and Materials Contracts
Best Practices in Tender Procedures
- The Tendering Process
- Seeking Expressions of Interest
- Pre-Qualification Methodologies
- Basic Accounting and Economics
- Total Cost of Ownership
- How to Prepare Internal Cost Estimate?
- What is the role of negotiation?
Optimizing the Tender Documents
- Contents of the Tender Package?
- Ensuring a Robust Specification and Scope of Work
- Defining the Response, You Require from Bidders
- Essential Clauses in the Draft Terms and Conditions
- Bid Security, Performance Security in Public Tenders
- Anticipating and Reducing the Risk of Scope Change
Managing the Technical and Commercial Evaluation
- The Purpose of Bid Evaluation
- Lowest Price or Best Value for Money
- Stages of the Evaluation
- Clarifying Bids to Assist the Evaluation
- Choosing Evaluation and Award Criteria
- Bid Evaluation Approaches (One-envelop, Two-envelop, Online Bidding)
Managing the Contract Award and Initialization Stage
- Communicating the Results – Internally and Externally
- Working with Tender Bonds and Performance Guarantees
- Dealing with Disputed Contract Awards
- Operating under Pre-Contract Letters of Intent
- Managing Pre-Contract Scope Changes
- Initiating Contract
Managers and Professionals in Purchasing, Procurement, Supply Management, Materials, Contracts, Projects etc.
Raj Kumar Seth, A Freelance Corporate Trainer and Consultant for last 11 years, has been in the training profession, for Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality Management etc., for close to 27 years (with 250+ programs) focusing on the target groups ranging from Students and freshers to Senior Corporate Professionals.
Supply Chain & Procurement – SCM, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Tendering & Bid Management, Best Practices in Negotiation Techniques, Negotiation with Monopoly Suppliers, LEAN Procurement, Emerging Trends in World-class Procurement, Inventory & Warehouse Management, Contract Drafting & Risk Management etc.
Quality Systems & Tools – TQM, 7 Quality Tools, JIT, SIX SIGMA, LEAN, 5-S and KAIZEN etc.
Management & Leadership –Personal & Leadership Effectiveness, People Management, Motivation & Customer Focus.
Participation Fee :
||Rs. 7,000 + 18% GST
||Rs. 8,000 + 18% GST
|Bank Details for NEFT
||State Bank of India
||Mumbai Main Branch
Cheque /Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “BOMBAY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY”
Contact Details :
Revati Khare || Assistant Director – International Trade and Commerce Committee
Email : email@example.com
Tel. (D) + 91 22 6120 0231; (M) + 91 9892029473