Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Privacy Statement
Bombay Chamber is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and has taken all necessary and reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of the customer’s information and its transmission through the World Wide Web, although it shall not be held liable for disclosure of the confidential information when in accordance with this Privacy Commitment.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We collect and maintain a variety of personally identifiable information but only when there is a legitimate business requirement, we are exercising official authority (as in the issuing and processing of export documentation) or when such information is provided on a voluntary basis.
Information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number; financial, personal description and photograph; interests and preferences; professional information (such as but not limited to your job title and details of your employer) and any other information we may ask for which is relevant to your enquiry or request for information or services.
You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in person, or by filling in forms on our website www.bombaychamber.com. This includes information you provide when you enquire about or book on our events, trade missions or training courses; enquire about or use our export documentation services; enquire about membership benefits, join membership or our community; enter a competition, promotion or survey; provide a case study, testimonial or media comment; request a publication, report or newsletter; register to use or place an order on our website; participate in discussion boards or other social media functions or apply for a job with us.
We may collect information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case you will be informed when we collect that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our website.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and may receive information about you from them. We may on occasion purchase ‘opt-in’ data (lists from reputable providers) for promotional campaigns.
We may also receive information about you from your colleagues. Such information will only be provided to us where your colleagues have confirmed that you have consented to your information being collected and processed by us.
Users should be aware that non-personal information may be automatically collected through the standard operation of the Chamber’s web servers and by the use of cookie technology and/or Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking including through:
Purpose Of Processing Information
Bombay Chamber is a membership organisation connecting and supporting its membership and the wider business community and influencing the environment in which business operates. To deliver our legitimate business interests, we must maintain contact information on our members and the wider business community.
The activities for which we will process your personal data include:
- to carry out our obligations arising from membership and any contracts entered into between you and us
- to provide you with information, publications, surveys, event details, benefits, assistance and services
- to enquire about whether you would like to join as a member and provide you with information about our services
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to deliver relevant marketing information to you
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to manage a job or internship application and where you consent
- to display it in our members’ publications, including our searchable on-line directory
- to permit selected third parties to provide you with information about services we (or any selected third party) feel may interest you
Bombay Chamber undertakes not to disclose the information provided by the Customers to any person, unless such action is necessary to:
Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
Protect and defend Bombay Chamber rights, interests or property;
Enforce the terms and conditions of the products or services; or
Act to protect the interests of Bombay Chamber, or its members, constituents or of other persons.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including, but not limited to our professional advisors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or in relation to any ancillary requirements
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- for marketing purposes if you have given your consent
If you do not wish to receive marketing material, you may opt out. Every marketing email will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom. You may also notify the Chamber in writing (see below).
If your parent company has nominated you as a relevant contact required to receive information on its behalf, you cannot opt out of important information the Chamber is required to provide to you as per the Chamber’s contractual obligations to its members. If our processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for future processing at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another lawful basis for doing so.
If you wish to opt out of any marketing we send you, please contact
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone on +91 022 6120 0200, Monday to Friday (except public/bank holidays) between 9.30am and 5.30pm; or
By post to Member Relationship Team, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 4TH Floor,The Ruby, Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai 400028
Hyper Linking Policy
Links to external websites/portals
At many places in this Portal, you shall find links to other websites/portals. This links have been placed for your convenience. Bombay Chamber is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this Portal should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. We can not guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.
Customer Testimonials And Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We post this information only when receiving this from the customer over mail or on our social media pages. The views expressed by third parties in testimonials and comments are their own and CMC does not endorse or share these views. Although we generally monitor our website content, in the event you find any comment or testimonial on our website objectionable please feel free to write to us at email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of software code that an internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site. A cookie is stored as a simple text file on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Cookies let you navigate between pages efficiently as they store your preferences, and generally improve your experience of a website.
We are using following types of cookies in our site:
» Analytics cookies for anonymously remembering your computer or mobile device when you visit our website to keep track of browsing patterns, and keeping track of the pages you view
» Service cookies for helping us to make our website work efficiently, remembering your registration and login details, settings preferences.
In case you have any grievances, complaint related to your personal data shared by you with Bombay Chamber for the purpose of availment of any services or participation in any event to be hosted by or organized by Bombay Chamber, you may reach out to our grievance redressal cell at firstname.lastname@example.org