The 47th GST council met under chairmanship of Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs
The GST council has inter-alia made the following recommendations relating to changes in GST rates on supply of goods and services and changes related to GST law and procedure
Highlights of the present recommendations are as follows:
- Withdrawal of exemptions: It has recommended to revise the scope of exemptions to exclude from it pre-packed and pre-labelled retail packs in terms of Legal Metrology Act, including pre-packed, pre-labelled curd, lassi and buttermilk
- The Council directed the Group of Ministers(GoM) on casino, race course and online gaming to re-examine the issues in its terms of reference based on further inputs from States.
- Composition* tax-payers would be allowed to make intra-state supply through e-commerce operators
- GoM on IT Reforms, inter alia, recommended that the GSTIN should put in place the AL/ML based mechanism
- The Council has decided to constitute a Group of Ministers to address various concerns raised by the states in relation to the constitution of GST Appellate Tribunal and make recommendations for appropriate amendments in CGST Act.
- All rate changes recommended by the 47th GST Council will be made effective from 18th July, 2022