Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Digital India Week 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat today. The Digital India Week 2022, with the theme Catalyzing New India’s TechEd, will see the Prime Minister launching several digital initiatives aimed at enhancing the accessibility of technology, streamlining service delivery to ensure ease of living and giving a boost to startups.
Among the initiatives that PM Modi will be launching are:
- Digital India Bhashini: To enable easy access to the internet and digital services in Indian languages, including voice-based access, and help the creation of content in Indian languages.
- Indiastack.global: A global repository of key projects implemented under India Stack like Aadhaar, UPI, Digilocker, Cowin Vaccination Platform, Government e MarketPlace, DIKSHA Platform and Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission. With India getting the Presidency of G20 and set to host the G20 Summit in 2023, a major aim for this is to share India’s leadership in Digital Technologies and its experience in implementing Digital Transformation projects at population scale, at a global level.
- Digital India GENESIS: A National Deep-tech Startup Platform, to discover, support, grow and make successful startups in Tier-II and Tier-III cities of India. A total outlay of 750 crore rupees has been envisaged for the scheme.
- MyScheme: A service discovery platform facilitating access to Government Schemes. It aims to offer a one-stop search and discovery portal where users can find schemes that they are eligible for.
- Meri Pehchaan: National Single Sign On for One Citizen Login. National Single Sign-On is a user authentication service in which a single set of credentials provide access to multiple online applications or services.
PM Modi will also announce the first set of 30 Institutions to be supported under the Chips to Startup Programme. The C2S Programme aims to train specialized manpower in the area of design of semiconductor chips at Bachelors, Masters and Research level.
The Digital India Programme was launched on July 1, 2015 by PM Modi with the aim to transform the nation into a digitally empowered and knowledge-driven society.