Introduction to global business environment and its impact on International Business
1. Definition of international marketing and global logistics.
2. Impact of government policies.
3. Statutory and commercial clearances.
4. Role of customs.
5. Role of RBI and FEMA related to import & export clearance and freight remittance.
6. Care to be taken when various export promotion schemes are availed by exporter and importer.
7. Role of DGFT in import & export.
Bill of Lading and Letter of Credit
- Letter of credit and different methods of payment in international business.
- Impact of different methods of payment on MTD (HBL).
- Impact of L/C clauses on MTD (HBL).
- Freight forwarder’s liability / contract of carriage covered under MTD (HBL).
- Detailed explanation of MTD (HBL) with the significance and support of every column.
- Marine B/L.
- Sea Waybill.
- Air Waybill – House and master.
- Forwarder’s Cargo Receipt (FCR)
- House Bill of Lading (HBL)
- Master Bill of Lading (MBL)
- Multimodal Transport Document (MTD).
- Freight rate and basis of calculation and freight surcharges and impact on export / import pricing.
- Switch B/L.
- High seas sale.
Export and import procedure: Sea and Air
Complete export and import cycle for LCL & FCL / Air Cargo – all documents processed by exporter/importer, CHA and operations involved at CY / CFS.
1. Carting and customs documentation.
2. Role of customs appraiser and examiner.
3. Shipping bill.
4. Mate receipt.
5. Container Load Plan.
6. Cargo survey.
7. Import manifest / Bill of Entry.
Incoterms 2020 and impact of incoterms on international business.
EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DAP, DPU, DDP, FAS, FOB, CFR, CIF
1. Incoterms and freight payment.
2. How to select the most appropriate Incoterm for your business. Explained with practical examples.
Sea and air freight economics.
How different modes of transport are selected by shipper or consignee.
Shipping and sea borne trade
1. Structure of shipping and air cargo industry.
2. Impact of different types of shipping services i.e. Tramp, Liner & Feeder on freight forwarding industry.
3. How do exporters or importers select a type of service?
Containerization, container liner operations and NVOCC operations:
1. Historical developments. i.e. break bulk, palletization and containerization.
2. Port operations.
3. Multimodal transportation, land bridge and mini land bridge.
4. Role of intermodal stack yard and ICD or container base.
5. Container handling and transportation equipment.
6. Types of containers.
7. Container stuffing and importance of maximum box utilization.
8. Marine risk management and container stuffing.
9. Importance of container lashing and choking.
Freight rate and basis of calculation
1. Weight, measurement, ad-valorem etc.
2. Freight surcharges: BAF, CAF, Peak Season, Congestion, War Risk etc.
Introduction to special cargo – Dangerous goods, Reefer Cargo and Project cargo.
1. Dangerous cargo booking.
2. Reefer cargo
3. Perishable cargo handling.
4. Perishable cargo booking.
6. Project cargo – out of gauge, project shipping
Various service providers in global trade operations
1. Buying agents.
2. Indenting agent.
3. Buyer consolidation.
4. Custom clearance, customs brokerage & forwarding.
5. 3 PL & 4 PL
6. Pre-shipment quality inspection.
Introduction to air cargo operations
1. Complete export and import cycle for Air cargo – all documents processed by exporter/importer, CHA and operations involved at CY / CFS.
2. Air freight rate calculation.
3. Air freight cargo operations, types of containers etc.