About Agricorp 2022 :
Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry has been organizing a series of AgriCorp conferences on a biennial basis since 2001. This distinctive conference has always sought to provide road maps for a facilitative environment for all stakeholders and map strategies to enhance growth and development of the agriculture sector of the country’s economy.
- Agricorp 2022 will be a FPO-Businesses-partnership oriented conference.
- Proposed partnership would create a Buyer- Seller- Platform to connect farmers with the buyers through an attempt to bring together FPOs, organized retailers, exporters, traders, and processors.
- 150 FPOs will get an opportunity to set up stalls in the Exhibition at the venue of the conference to display their products.
- Government officials, Startups, Fintech companies and other stakeholders to integrated agri-value chains will be invited as speakers.
About Conference Topic :
Agriculture is a crucial sector of our economy and the demand for agricultural products is never expected to reduce. AgriTech is the idea of applying modern technologies to the agricultural sector with a view to enhance produce, efficiency and revenue. It has the potential to address a number of challenges faced by the sector and subsequently, change the face of Indian agriculture. There is a new wave of budding entrepreneurs and emerging startups in the country that are leading the way to disrupting the agriculture sector in the country. They want to deploy technology in this sector and reform it for good. One of the inherent difficulties of managing ecosystem services is that the individuals who control the supply of such services, such as farmers and other land managers, are not always the beneficiaries of these services. Presently, around 5000 FPOs (including FPCs) are in existence in the country, which were formed under various initiatives of the Govt. of India (including SFAC), State Governments, and other organizations over the last 8-10 years. Majority of these FPOs are in the nascent stage of their operations and require market linkages for sustaining their business operations. In order to build a sustainable FPO, a favorable ecosystem is needed besides certain policy reforms particularly in the agricultural marketing systems.
Aim & Objective :
- Conference & Buyer Seller Meet will bring the Farmer, Industry and Consumer closer together so that there is more transparency, engagement, trust & authenticity in the relationship amongst all the players in a supply chain.
- BCCI would enable farmers & agribusinesses to meet and network with other farmers, agribusinesses and consumers domestically and globally.
- Transactions through middlemen would be avoided and would be connecting primary producers to a wide range of buyers.